GDPR PRIVACY STATEMENT
In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation, we hereby provide you with the following information about the Personal Data (e.g. Name, Address etc.) we collect from you by:
- Application form to become a Member, by consent from you for inclusion of details in our full Membership List. Membership lists are held by the Club, the Ladies Section and the Seniors’ Section.
- Law as an employee to enable payment of salary and pension.
- Supplier invoice details, bank account sort code etc to enable payment for goods and services.
Our aim is to provide you with clear information as to why we need the data, what we do with it and what your rights are with respect to your Personal Data.
The Data Controller is Church Stretton Golf Club and so the Committee thereof. The Committee can be contacted via the Honorary Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of processing your Personal Data: We process your data so that we can carry out the service(s) that you request from us. Examples of services include:
- Applying to become a Member, requesting to receive emails about Club events and to receive Bulletins and any other information sent out to the entire membership, and requested inclusion of your name, home address & telephone number and email address on our Membership List that is provided to all who have given permission to be on that list. For such services, we treat the Legal Basis for processing your data as ‘Contractual’ for application to become a Member as this requires payment of an annual subscription. The Legal Basis for the other services is ‘Consent’.
- Employees including name, home address, tax code, pension reference. We treat the Legal Basis for processing your data as ‘Contractual’ as this requires payment of salaries and pensions.
- Suppliers including Company name, address, bank account number and sort code. We treat the Legal Basis for processing your data as ‘Contractual’ as this requires payment for goods and services.
Recipients of your Personal Data:
Currently only the Golf England handicap system holds information about you (surname, initials and handicap). No other third Party organisations receive your Personal Data. (If it was considered by the Committee that provision of Personal Data to a Third Party organisation might be beneficial for the membership, then the Members would be consulted and if agreed this Privacy Statement updated accordingly.)
We will keep your Personal Data for as long as we are obliged to in order to fulfil any obligations relating to financial auditing.
- Right to Request Personal Data: You have the right to request access to your Personal Data held by us; request correction to that Data; request removal of that Data; object to processing of that Data. Please use the Contact Details above to get in touch if you need to.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: In the case of mailings to the membership, or inclusion on the Membership List, you can withdraw consent at any time to all or any combination of these aspects by sending an email to the Honorary Secretary. Once processed by the Honorary Secretary you will be deleted from that aspect henceforth until any such time that you should request by email for such an aspect to be reinstated.
- Right to Complain: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, if you believe your Personal Data have been mis-used in some way.
Your provision of your Personal Data to us:
We will only ask you for Personal Data which is reasonable for us to have in order to carry out the service(s) you have asked of us; for example your name and address is required for us to post any material to you. If you do not provide such Personal Data, we may not be able to carry out any or all of the service(s) asked of us.
If you have any questions regarding our handling of your Personal Data, please contact us using the Contact Details for the Data Controller advised above.